11 Jul How to download your images and video
I’ve written about this before and I have to do it again because the hosting company I use has made a change that is causing some confusion for everyone.
How to download your images
- Use the link I emailed you to find your image folders. If you lost it, you can always find yourself by going to http://laurenpoussard.zenfolio.com and browsing to the category you fall under, and find yourself in the image thumbnails.
- Select either the individual files you want to download, or select “download entire gallery”. If you prepaid, the pricing will be set to $0 so no credit card is needed.
- The next screen then asks you to personalize the order. Not sure why this is needed for digital downloads, but you don’t really need to do anything other than confirm the images you want are selected with the green checkmark, then just click SAVE.
- This brings you to the previous screen, but the PERSONALIZE button now says ADD TO CART. So click that.
- Confirm the cart has what you wanted, and follow the check out process.
- Upon completion of the order you will be emailed a receipt that has the link to the files on it. If you don’t see it right away, check your spam and clutter folders. Sometimes email servers try to be “helpful” and pre-sort your emails for you – they can end up in there.
You are free to give that link to your marketing people if they need access to images.
Why do I distribute files this way?
Well, originally it was easier – clients can use the self-serve site at their convenience. It also keeps costs down which keeps session prices down. But also, email has been terribly unreliable of late, with emails getting lost or caught in spam filters. Many companies also block emails with attachments, other companies have file size limitations on attachments. This system allows you to access the files any time, any where from any device. The files are hosted their forever so there’s always a backup for you, and for me, so we all have a little peace of mind.
I’ve attached a video that takes you through the checkout process, sometimes it’s easier to see the screens instead of follow written instructions.
If you ever have any questions or problems with downloads, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me!